Spa oxidizing shock is used to treat hot tub water after use. We recommend 2oz. per bather after each hot tub use.
Spa shock is also great at treating that bad chlorine odor in spas by eliminating the combined chlorine (or chloromines) in the spa water.
If you use bromine in your hot tub a non-chlorine shock like this is a must. Spa Shock can re-activate used up bromine in the water turning it back into free available bromine to help sanitize your water.
The active ingredient in Spa Shock is Potassium Mono-persulfate which is a non-odorous oxidizer. It does not leave behind a residual that is testable in the water like chlorine. For this reason it is not to be used as a primary sanitizer but as a quick shock after use.